Wind Regions of Australia
Potential wind speed is just one of many factors taken into account when designing any building, including DomeShelter™ Fabric Structures.
The only thing you, the buyer need be aware of is that the wind region is an important factor and DomeShelter™ consultants will ensure your structure meets the standard required for the region where it is installed.
See map below for wind regions of Australia.
|AUSTRALIAN WIND REGION||ULTIMATE DESIGN WIND SPEED Km/h||TERRAIN CATEGORY||REFERENCE HEIGHT|
* Category 2 is open terrain with few trees, surrounding buildings
* Region C - Cyclonic
* Region D - Severe Cyclonic
Our designers will ask where your Shelter is to be located and take that and more into account when developing a certified engineering solution to ensure the Shelter is built in accordance with AS/NZS 1170.2:2011 (R2016)
Safety and integrity is paramount.
What Wind Region are you in?
Wind ratings for DomeShelter Australia Structures are always taken into consideration. Please consult a shelter specialist to ensure your engineered shelter is certified and is appropriate for your location.
Wanting more information about wind regions
Download our Corporate Brochure as a PDF
Allowing you to answer questions like...
- The international success of the DomeShelterTM range
- Case studies of different industry leaders using these 'Fabric Structures'
- Different Models, including the dimensions and wind requirements
- Common questions our customers ask
- Should I choose a 'Fabric' or a conventional structure?
- From placing an order through to installation what are the steps...