Wind Region Map
Living in the windiest city or town?
Check out the Australian Wind Region Map and know which terrain category is yours.
The DomeShelter™ Structure can be designed to withstand the conditions of wind regions A, B, C & D.
Wind Regions are derived from the Australian Standards AS/NZS 1170:2:2002.
The ‘Region’ refers to the location. The ‘Terrain’ Category refers to the description of the terrain at the Location.
- WIND REGION A
Ultimate Design Wind speed of 41m/s or 147.6km/h (Region A, Terrain Category 2, 10m reference height)
- WIND REGION B
Ultimate Design Wind speed of 51.9m/s or 186.84km/h (Region B, Terrain category 2, 10m Reference height)
- WIND REGION C
Ultimate Design Wind Speed of 64.5m/s or 232.2km/h (Region C, Terrain Category 2, 10m Reference height)
- WIND REGION D
Ultimate Design Wind speed of 88m/s or 316.8km/h (Region D, Terrain Category 2, 10m Reference height)
What Wind Region are you living in?
Wind ratings for DomeShelter Australia Structures are always taken into consideration. Please consult a shelter specialist to ensure your engineered shelter is certified and is appropriate for your location.
Wanting more information about living in the windiest city or town?
Download our Corporate Brochure as a PDF
Allowing you to answer questions like...
- The international success of the DomeShelterTM range
- Case studies of different industry leaders using these 'Fabric Structures'
- Different Models, including the dimensions and Wind Requirements
- Common questions our customers ask
- Should I choose a 'Fabric' or a conventional structure?
- From placing an order through to installation what are the steps...